More than a Club
What do we mean when we say that the Wisconsin Juniors is “More than a Club?”
We’ll try and describe it to you a little bit, but you’ll really never know until you join!
- We are committed to the development of every athlete, not just the top players in the club.
- Our student-athletes develop lifelong friendships with their teammates *and* players from other teams within the organization.
- Our student-athletes learn many “life lessons” through their experience at Wisconsin Juniors. This includes, but is not limited to…
- The learning of respect of teammates and coaches.
- The development of a work ethic that will give each student-athlete an advantage when they face life’s challenges.
- Learning to view their successes and failures as a way to learn and grow.
- Learning how to work in a “team” environment.
- Our “Mentor Team” program provides younger and older players the opportunity build friendships. The younger players feel more comfortable with the older players that they look up to and the older players have a unique opportunity to influence the younger players.
- Our “Senior Night” in early June is an event that honors the seniors in our program for their hard work and dedication as they move on to compete at the collegiate level.
- Many of the players that have played for Wisconsin Juniors and have graduated from college are now back coaching for us. That is a testament to the pride that they have in our program.
- Our program is recognized as one of the premier clubs in the nation with 24 top 10 finishes nationally and a national championship in the 14-Open division in 2012.
- The Wisconsin Juniors is a well-known and respected organization in the communities of Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin. We have built solid relationships with coaches and athletic directors in area high schools, grade schools, and universities. Our annual golf outing draws support of many area businesses.
But like we said, you won’t really know until you join!